Saturday, October 14, 2023

Spiritual? battles

Today we will put another chapter in the development of my relationship with my father.
I will come across as petty and bitter and that is my intent for I want to express fully the things as they happened, and the pettiness of my thoughts did happen.
I was to go and do for my dad, something that was time consuming and was going to cost me.
Yet, I was in a bitter spirit for, if you have followed me at all, this would never have been done for me had the roles been reversed. Please read to the end before you judge me too much, yes I was in the wrong place in my mood and in my bitterness. I freely accept the fact that I too am human just as you are.
As I was trying to arise out of the depths of this spirit, I recognized that usually when I have these issues I shake them off and rise above them to some extent, this morning I could not and I thought perhaps this was some sort of spiritual attack.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wrestle I did. So I put on a song " What the cross really is" and it did lift me above.
Also I reached out to 2 people I know to try and get some support and I did, plus a prayer or 2.
By the end of the day, after witnessing, laughing, eating, visiting and a little picking on had happened, I was finally over it.
Now I realize all of that was a spiritual battle for we were going to witness to 2 maybe 3 people by the end of the day and satan and his minions do not like that.
You are going to ask why am I baring it all this way, if it makes me look bad.
Well, at the end of the day as we were preparing to part ways, it turns, out of the 6 of us gathered, I was not the only one in bitter and petty spirits, there was another, and as we shared our burdens each felt a little better. We are not alone, we are not an island and talking of it helped us
So now I am sharing with you so that you know, sometimes opening up about inner turmoil, spiritual battles may be helping someone else going through the same thing.
There is victory in numbers and not bottling it up, and not thinking you are alone and unique for no one else has ever had it this bad.
They have, and they might be going through it right now and need you to start the sharing.
We are in a spiritually dark world right now, and there are a lot of these battles going on, we need to share these burdens, these battles that we do not get down and fall out of the fight.



No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Bison

Bison
No reason for adding i just like em